The Ultimate Plasma Profile Cutting Machine
Pin Point Precision
The PCS BHB is the ultimate profile cutting machine. No other machine on the market offers a solution with as much emphasis on brute force, rigidity and capability. With options ranging from High Speed Drilling, Tapping, Boring, Countersinking, Gas cutting, Plasma cutting, Plasma & Gas Bevelling, Pipe Cutting, Ink Jet Printing, Pin Marking or any combination, all with precision motion control – you’re possibilities are endless!
PCS BHB at a glance:
- 60HP, BT-50, 5000rpm main spindle
- 24 tool Automatic Tool Changer (tool change time ~2.5sec)
- Multiple Machining Operations – Drilling, Tapping, Milling, Counter boring, Counter sinking, Marking
- Drilling capacity – 115mm, Tapping capacity 38mm
- Multiple Cutting Operations – Plasma, Plasma Bevel, Flame, Flame Bevel
- Through Tool Coolant. Flood coolant, Minimum Quantity Lubricant (MQL) or both!
- Class Leading Burny 10 PC based CNC on custom PCS flat panel touch screen (up to 21.5”)
- Manufactured from NON-PROPRIETRY components
- State-Of-The-Art Motion Control System – Bosch Rexroth digital drives and motors with absolute encoders
- Dual Ballscrew for servo driven feed and clamp with absolute encoders
- Up to 3 ton of clamping downforce
- 20m/min traverse speed (limited)
- Ultra Heavy Duty floor mounted rail system made of machine hardened billet
- Automatic rail cleaning/polishing system. Cleans and polishes running surface as machine traverses
- OPTIONAL HEADS:
- Hypertherm HPRXD Plasma
- KALIBURN Spirit II Plasma
- PCS Zero-Offset Plasma Bevel Head
- Oxy Fuel cutting head
- PCS Triple Burner Oxy Fuel Head
- Paint Jet Marking
- Pin Marking
Key Factors when considering a combination Plasma Cutting and Drilling machine:
The BHB main beam weighs in at over 8 tonnes. Large mass is crucial for high speed drilling. Unlike a standalone machining centre, plate profile machines such as the BHB are dynamic and process plate on a hollow cutting/drilling bed. This leads to what can be severe vibrations when drilling/machining. Therefore, the machine needs as much mass behind it in to ensure that the kinetic energy is transferred only to the right places. Less vibrations = Faster drilling and better tool life!
Solid Cutting/Drilling Table:
Often overlooked, the cutting/drilling table is AS IMPORTANT as the machine on top of it. PCS cutting/drilling tables are built just as tough as the BHB machine. They have several supports connecting the steel plate directly to the concrete floor. Again, this is to minimise vibrations that are common with high speed drilling on profile machines.
The End Result: Greater capacity, tool life, speed, quality… The results speak for themselves.
High productivity is a crucial factor when investing in capital equipment such as profile cutting machines. The BHB achieves the highest productivity in its class thanks to Machine Mass and Solid Cutting/Drilling Table as described above. The fastest drilling times and longest tool life are the key factors in achieving such high productivity.
PCS offer a DUAL MQL and Flood Coolant System, UNIQUE only to BHB series cutting and drilling machines. Either coolant method (MQL or Flood) can be selected for each individual tool in the PCS on-board tool library. Additionally, external spindle jets can also be used to pass flood coolant. For dry bed installations, PCS recommend a UNIST MQL system which works as follows:
All PCS BHB series machines using a UNIST MQL system utilise a specially made DUEBLIN rotary coupling to deliver the Minimum Quantity Lubricant (MQL). This coupling allows a 4mm tube to deliver the un-misted oil directly behind the tool, at which point it is atomised. Because the atomisation point is as close to the cutting surface as is possible, PCS machines utilising this technology are able to achieve the best possible results with MQL. This equates to class leading drilling performance and tool life which is currently unmatched by any other machine on the market.
Ease of Operation:
PCS have developed a state-of-the-art drilling HMI which integrates seamlessly with the tried and trusted Burny 10 CNC. With pre-loaded drilling libraries, the operator doesn’t require an in depth knowledge of drilling speeds and feeds. The HMI was designed to be extremely user friendly and as such can be mastered in literally seconds!
PCS6000BHB installed in one of Australia’s Leading steel processing centres